TICTACTIC at The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope in Peterborough.
Sunday September 10th, 2017
Nicholls Oval Park, Armour Road, Peterborough
Registration at 10:00 am, Opening Ceremonies at 11:00, Prizes and Closing at 1:00
Family Fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer Awareness featuring music, games, kids zone, entertainment, prizes and refreshments.
$25 Registration. Free for volunteers, survivors and youth.
The Walk has raised more than $21 million to date. These funds enable Ovarian Cancer Canada to provide support, increase awareness and fund vital research.
- Ovarian cancer is the most fatal women’s cancer in Canada.
- Five Canadian women are lost to the disease every day.
- This year approximately 2,800 Canadian women will be diagnosed.
- Ovarian cancer is extremely difficult to detect and is often caught in its late stages.
- More than half of women who are diagnosed are not expected to live five years past diagnosis.
- There is no screening test for ovarian cancer, no vaccine to prevent it.
The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope takes place in more than 37 locations nationwide. This is the country’s largest one-day event to raise awareness and much-needed funds for overcoming ovarian cancer. This is the 16th walk nation wide and the 9th Peterborough walk. A family-friendly event, the Walk offers participants their choice of a 2.5 km or 5 km route. The event takes place rain or shine. Participants will receive an official Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope hat on Walk day. If you are living with ovarian cancer or if you are a survivor, we would be honoured to recognize you on Walk day with a special edition t-shirt. Opportunities are available for sponsors and in-kind donors. Please connect with the volunteer committee for more information on how to get involved. email@example.com.